All the cutting is done and organized for the new scrap quilt instructions on Judy’s website. I was pleased to use up quite a number of small scraps and only returned about five fabric pieces to my stash.
Today I was pulling some orange fabric for a Fall quilt I want to make and I completely pulled out the drawer that houses my orange fabric. Hmmm – I had a lot more oranges than I thought but certainly a nice variety from which to pick. Elliot had to investigate the open space left by the missing drawer.
No pictures……….sorry……. (I lied – there is a new profile picture added.)
Last night Bee was at my house but I did not take pictures. There was some outstanding Show & Tell. I am lucky enough to be in a very talented group of women.
In our discussion we brought up the new “UFO” phrase……..PhD (Projects Half Done), and someone also brought up the theory of “Advance Three”. In other words, you can start something new as long as you first advance the work on three of your old projects. You don’t have to finish them, but make a block, or sew blocks together, or put a border on, etc.
We all think we have too many projects not completed and feel embarassed or guilty when we start something new. The idea of advancing three seemed to strike a chord with some of us last night.
I am so focused on using up my enormous stash that doing some of Judy’s projects and some other stash busting things seems to be my concern lately.
Then I have three days in a row when I don’t even get down to my quilt studio………… See my sad face.
Therefore, my stash report for the week is BORING.
Fabrics added – O
Fabrics used – O
Fabrics used to date – 9.75
(See prior post for first part of my Quiltathon day.)
Elliot patiently waits in the chair behind my sewing table while I concentrae on my quilting.
I like to spend some time each day cutting scraps of fabric into useable squares and strips, so I spent another hour doing my cutting.
While starting to do some clean-up in my Quilt Studio I found a container with this little counted cross-stitch project with little flower buttons. It only took a little while to add some fabric borders. The binding needs to be hand-sewn on the back and it will be ready to decorate a wall.
One of the blocks has a star fussy-cut in the center of each chimney.