Problem #1 – after pin basting this whole quilt, I turned it over to check the back and there were two enormous wrinkles right down the middle. Solution #1 – unpin the whole quilt, unwrinkle the backing, iron it to the batting, carefully re-pin entire quilt.
Problem #2 – after cleaning the bobbin area of my sewing machine, I could not get the bobbin case firmly in place. Solution #2 – looked very carefully at all the pieces and noticed the little section where the case clicks into place did not seem to be fully in place, so gave it a firm extra push and “click” it was now firmly in place and ready to sew correctly.
At last I am now in the process of doing the actual quilting. I chose to do straight lines even though the exchange blocks are not all perfect and following the block lines means swerving a little to the left or right now and then. Pulling all that bulk through the machine is tiring on the shoulders and neck, however, in a few hours I managed to get more than a third of the quilting done.
Soon it will be ready for binding – my favorite part of the whole quilting process.
Wishing you many blessings and happy quilting…………