This quilt started out with 6-1/2 X 9-1/2 rectangles, then when I made a mistake cutting some of the rectangles, I had to add a strip down the center to make it 6-1/2. I liked the strip and re-did all the rectangles to include a strip down the middle, but again made a mistake and the 9-1/2 had to be cut down to 6-1/2 – scrappy squares. I just grabbed strips for the centers so they range in size from 1-1/2 to 2-1/2. Because I cut down the squares, the quilt wasn’t big enough so I added some plain squares.
For the border I picked out some old book fabric, added some spacers for interest and used some alphabet fabric for the corners.
It sure is different than what I started out to make, but I like the scrappy, busyness of this little quilt.
Now I need to pick out a backing and binding. And I should clean the quilt studio and organize the mess of scraps and work on binding for Moe and make some more Anita’s Arrowhead blocks and pull out a UFO to complete and…………umm……maybe I will just do some knitting tonight and put everything else off for another day.