Kathy came over today to quilt another of her quilts – Peppermint & Sassafras.
She chose a Super Brite pink thread, a polyester 30 weight thread – and it kept breaking. We looked up suggested needles and discovered it needed a different needle, which fortunately I had. Once the right needle was in place, things went pretty well. Here is the completed quilt.
Not only did we learn that the right needle makes a difference, but Kathy discovered that one of the racket locks was installed backwards. Once I found the bag of Allen wrenches that came with the machine, she easily fixed it for me.
It was a good day in the Quilt Cave with Kathy. She finished the quilting on her quilt and I made a lot more blocks for my Basket Case quilt.