One thing………The other day I was looking for something and came across a package of Thangles, purchased sometime in 1997 and never used. Today I decided to grab some scraps and make some half-square triangles using the Thangle paper.
Another thing…….The other day I came across some little batik cat squares purchased years ago at Paducah.
And another thing…….My niece gave me some wonderful batik fabric for Christmas and I have been looking for an idea where I could use these fabrics.
Today all the above lead to me choosing a block from an issue of 100 Blocks magazine and doing a test block. The test block did not go well. It is made up of many half square triangles (a modification of the block in the magazine) where I used the Thangles, but I had lots of trouble making this block. As you can see, some of the fabric is upside down, and it took all afternoon to make one block. I made mistake after mistake – and getting all those seams to match and figure out how to reduce the bulk……………..well, I’m re-thinking whether I want to make this block 9 times!
Here you can see that this section was torn out and re-sewn many times.
However, I look at those batik cats and that fabric, and I feel like it would all look so good together.
Maybe if I do one block a month it wouldn’t be so daunting.