Finished up my Anita’s Arrowhead blocks using Moda’s Jelly Bean batik charm squares……
There are a lot of bias edges, but working with batiks makes that problem much easier to deal with as there is less give. Plus batiks do not unravel like the shot cottons did on my Button Up quilt top. The border, backing and binding were all in my stash!
Today I made a few more Anita’s Arrowhead blocks from charm squares.
Then I sewed more charm squares into a small table runner. I wanted something quick and easy to use as practice for my long-arm skills.
I think it will be cute with a black & white striped binding.
In my quest to find block patterns using 5″ squares, I found, on Pinterest, that someone had reduced the size of the Anita’s Arrowhead block to use charm packs. Great idea! I had a Moda charm pack of Jelly Bean Batiks and made six blocks today.
If I use the whole pack, it will make a nice table runner or a small wall hanging.
The Button Up quilt top is finished. Now I need to find some appropriate backing material and choose a color for the binding.
It is certainly colorful.
Oh dear, I have not been attentive to blogging lately. Here are some of the projects I have worked on lately….
The Fat Quarter Shop Designer Block of the Month, blocks #11 and 12 –
Cutting scraps – the green bin –
Practicing on the long-arm, trying out different patterns…..
And finishing up the button blocks……
And since I lost my design wall in the basement flood, I used my bed as a design space…..
That brings my quilting progress up-to-date.