Today I finished a table runner. It is an Accuquilt design for a place mat, re-designed by my LQS into a table runner.
The button eyes still need to be sewn on. This was a fun project that went easily and fairly quickly. Of course it helps to have a long-arm machine! And I also used my Bernina binding foot to attach the binding the fast way. The Dresden plate die was used for the turkey feathers and face, and the Snowman arms were used for the turkey legs. Very clever pattern.
Yesterday I had time to work on my Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt project making blocks 8, 19,, 41 and 44.
There are 48 blocks in this quilt and I have done 32. Only 16 more to go…….
It has been two months since I have posted to this blog – two months of a busy schedule where I was too lazy to take pictures and write up anything interesting.
Over the last few days, I have finished up some very small projects.
First up is a very, very simple winter table runner – the mini version of the “10 minute” pattern. The fabric is sparkly which reminds me of that first beautiful snow fall when the world seems silent and the snow glitters under the street lights.
Second is a little mug rug, of which the kit was a gift. All the pieces were already fused and cut, so all I had to do was assemble it and do the stitching. Now it brightens up my breakfast table.
The last one is another table runner done in an Accuquilt class at the LQS. It was easy to do and looks good on my dining room table.